D-D DELTEC PROFESSIONAL UV STERILISER COMPLETE NITRegular price £134.95
D-D Deltec UV Sterilisers
The use of type C ultraviolet radiation (UV-C) is the most effective way to sterilise water. No chemicals are involved and there is no risk of dangerous overdosing. Long process times are not required as sterilisation is instantaneous.
The highly concentrated UV-C. energy exerts a lethal effect on living organisms. It alters the genetic material (DNA) and inhibits their reproduction capability. The germicidal properties of UV-C radiation are therefore extremely beneficial in destroying bacteria, viruses, protozoa, algae, yeasts and mould spores.
Different types of pathogens or bacteria require different levels of radiation to either kill or to stop them from functioning and multiplying.
D-D U.V. sterilisers are designed to produce a radiation intensity of 33,000 microwatt's/sec/sq.cm which is sufficient to destroy most common pathogens in fresh and saltwater aquariums however if required the intensity can be increased by decreasing the flow rate through the unit.
10 W UV, equivalent to a conventional 20W UV
20 W UV, equivalent to a conventional 40W UV
39 W UV, equivalent to a conventional 80W UV
80 W UV, equivalent to a conventional 160W UV
Many people are aware that quartz is 96-98% transparent to UV-C and that normal glass reduces its transmission by approximately 50%. This is why U.V. Sterilisers have a quartz sleeve between the water and the bulb.
What many people are not aware of is that conventional UV sterilisers produce the UV radiation from a conventional glass tube therefore half of the intensity is lost before it even leaves the tube.
The D-D Professional UV Sterilisers feature a pure quartz bulb as well as a quartz sleeve so 98% of the UV-C produced is utilised. In effect the D-D Professional models produce approximately twice as much UV-C per watt than a conventional unit with a glass bulb. This makes the units much more compact and easier to fit into many aquarium cabinets.
- Slimline high intensity quartz bulb with ceramic cap for good thermal insulation.
- Lamp life of 9000 hours for continuous use.
- Electronic Ballast for flicker free operation, doubling the bulb life.
- Pure quartz sleeve prevents thermal shocks and maintains the lamp at the correct temperature for maximum UV-C output regardless of the water temperature.
- Reinforced UV resistant plastic body prevents degradation with time.
- Single ended design and waterproof insulation to CE IP67.
- Ballast and Lamp function LED indicator.
- Allows partial submersion of the body in a sump thus reducing the space required for installation.
- Viton gasket for a long term UV resistant seal.
- Can be easily connected together to form banks of UV units using standard pipework
- Wattage: 10 watts
- Flow Rate: 500 lts/hr
- Dimensions: 300mm x 100mm x 140mm
- Hose size: 9mm ID-12 mm OD
- Wattage: 20 watts
- Flow Rate: 1000 lts/hr